Tuesday, January 20, 2009

32768: History and Explanation

I first heard the number 32768 from my classmate in high school named Ryan. I forgot what he was referring to, I think it's the maximum product of something from two or more numbers, or the maximum factorial, permutation or combination of different set of numbers. I remember that he was talking about exponents, and the maximum number that the calculator can show you is 32768. But I'm not sure of it because I completely forgot what he was trying to say or what he was referring to.

I then search for 32768 in Google and found different results. In other websites, it's an error code, others consider it as nothing but a number after 32767 and before 32769. Whereas, in the PHP Manual, it's the maximum generated random integer, if my understanding to what I've read was right.

Oh well, whatever 32768 means, it's not like the Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything which is 48.
Make Money Online While Sleeping. © Copyright © 2003 to 2013. All Rights Reserved